FEMME TYPE is a platform celebrating type designers who identify as being a woman and are an active member of the type industry and community. Founded by ex-University of Arts London Chelsea attendant Amber Weaver, we aim to encourage women to pursue a career in Type Design and Typography Design creating valuable physical and online content that contribute to inspiring young designers and recognise the current type-talent already out there in the industry.
Femme Type is an all-women publication conceptualised by ex-University of Arts London Chelsea attendant Amber Weaver aiming to celebrate over 40 skilled, international women in the type industry. Femme Type’s purpose is to create a valuable stage and platform for designers to showcase their brilliant typographic achievements wrapped up in a wonderful printed format.
Teaming up with UK-based creative printers and finishers Pressision Ltd, MOO, Stack Magazines, Slanted and Production Type, this book has been brought to successful fruition and is now stocked in stores around the world.
Published by People of Print (in Perpetuum).
- Includes contributions from over 40 international women
- Foreword by GoodType Founder Brooke Robinson
- 272 pages + 8pp Cover / 25cm x 21cm / PUR bound
- Litho printed CYMK plus a special Pantone Spot colour
- Printed in English onto high-quality Fedrigoni Arcoprint paper
- Heavier inside paperweight
- New women-designed typefaces for the body copy, captions and headlines
- Inverted front cover colour-way